You will notice HI Washington, DC from the flags flying in front of our historic brick building.
HI Washington, DC is all about helping you make the most of your visit to our nation’s capital. Our highly-trained, knowledgeable and friendly staff will happily answer all your questions about Washington, DC and give you their own insider tips on the best restaurants, nightlife and local gems.
Our recently renovated hostel offers a variety of FREE volunteer-led tours and activities and with dozens of FREE museums, outdoor monuments and world-famous memorials, Washington, DC is the ideal destination for a traveler on a budget. Check out our events calendar to see what’s going on during your visit.
HI Washington, DC is conveniently located in the heart of the city and offers incredible value for its location. The hostel’s daily FREE continental breakfast and FREE WiFi will help you fuel up and make plans for the day ahead. Meet fellow travelers in one of our common rooms, our communal kitchen or the outdoor patio and set off around the city for an adventure.
Why We Matter
HI Washington, DC is the best place to discover new cultures, meet new people and see DC from an insider’s perspective. As a non-profit organization we are founded on an enduring belief in the power of travel to foster a deeper understanding of people, places and cultures for a more tolerant world.
When you stay with HI Washington, DC, you support our hostel and the travel programs that make amazing experiences available for future travelers. You can also support us by spreading the word. Just mention @HIUSA or #HIUSA when you post or tweet about your stay.
- 24-hour front desk service and security
- Fully-equipped, self-service kitchen
- A/C and heat in all guestrooms
- Free in-room lockers, linens and towels
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free continental breakfast
- Free tours and events
- Free local map and area information
- Luggage storage
- Wheelchair accessibility
- TV Room with 60” big screen TV, over 100 channels, Netflix
- Covered bike storage on-site and bicycle rental available near the hostel
- Outside patio seating
- Nearby restaurants, bars and pubs, grocery shopping, pharmacy, and other conveniences
- An environment that is drug-free, smoke-free and alcohol-free